Me at Lucy's Wedding. The sun does shine in England!

Me at Lucy's Wedding. The sun does shine in England!
Me still in England!

Tuesday 31 May 2011

challenges

So we are well and truly back. We are now faced with lack of sleep and choking fumes. Our neighbour has a large generator which he has on most nights. We had sort of got used to the noise but now we have to get used to the fumes as there seems to be a problem with it. So do we sleep with petrol fumes or close the window and sweat???
The other challenge for me is I have finally come face to face with one of my worst fears-rodents-in the office and in the flat. We have a trap but no luck so far. I actually killed a cockroach yesterday which is not something I am proud of but survival kicked in I suppose.
I finally fell in a ditch but fortunately landed on my bum. The worst was being surrounded by everyone saying,’Sorry, sorry, sorry o’!
I have also got a mass of mozzie bites and my hair is falling out!
Three near misses by okadas end this list of woes!
On the plus side we have met more people-Nancy and David from Canada who work at the university here who are lovely people and made us real coffee, and Dory from Lebanon who is very friendly and made us a great meal. It was also good to see Chinwe and Yakiem from VSO Abuja and find out what the rest of VSO are up to. Emma is having a barbeque this afternoon to which we are invited and has promised there will be moi moi and vegetables! Help I seem to judge people on the food they provide! Today is a holiday as tthe new government take office and Friday was Children’s Day.
My kindle is proving to be a life-saver-it is great to read in the dark and I can get new books with one click-just not sure how much I am spending but who cares??

No comments:

Post a Comment